“We believe that all we have comes from God and we give it out of His hand” (1 Chronicles 29:14b, Dutch paraphrase)
FCM exists to spread the Gospel of Christ by demonstrating unconditional love and by building relationships to serve orphans and families in Africa. With every project that we launch, we are hoping that the hearts of people will be touched and individuals will be moved to participate in meeting the needs of hurting children and families in Africa. We believe that all we have comes from God and we give it out of His hand (1 Chronicles 29:14b, Dutch paraphrase). We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
• We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors, all of whom are not staff members or relatives of staff members. Our Board meets to establish policies, approve budgets, and review operational results and ministry accomplishments.
• Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We obtain an annual compilation in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards by an independent public accounting firm, Levoy, Summerville, and Shelton.
• We seek to conduct our activities with the highest standards of integrity and to avoid conflicts of interest. We shun high-pressure or manipulative fund-raising tactics.
• Our fund-raising appeals clearly identify the purpose and programs to which donations will be applied, and we ensure that donations are used for the purposes for which they were raised. Our Board has directed that all contributions designated for specific projects shall be applied to those projects, and we may assess up to 10 percent to be used for administering the gift. Occasionally, we receive more contributions for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project. When that happens, we use these funds to meeta similar pressing need.
• Contributions to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. In order to help our donors determine the tax-deductible portion of their gifts, we receipt all donations showing the fair market value of any goods or services provided to the donor.
• We will not operate this ministry with indebtedness that dishonors and hinders our work in Africa. When we make a purchase, we pay the approved invoice within 30 days. We do not intend to use the vendor’s money. While we reserve the right to borrow funds for capital expenditures, we would promptly repay any loan.
• Out of respect for individuals’ privacy, we do not sell or rent our mailing list to other groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters. We maintain tight security on our list of friends and supporters.
FCM depends on your gifts to continue our work in Uganda and Sudan. Your gift will help FCM spread the hope and joy that comes from a relationship with Christ. To make a donation via our secure online server simply click Donate Now to learn more.
Be the answer to an orphans prayer. Join our effort to make a difference in a child’s life
Stay up to date by subscribing to the Four Corners Ministries Newsletter.
Sign up now.